Monday, November 14, 2005

Around the Corner

Can you believe it, Phaze's booksigning & minicon is this Saturday at The Pink Banana in Virginia Beach, VA. A total of 8 authors will be there from noon to 6:00 to sign books. I've had the pleasure of reading these ladies' works, and they are awesome! And remember, books make great Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers to help heat up those cold nights. Plus, part of the proceeds from the sales will go to breast cancer research. If you're in the area, please stop in and say hello.

I have a question for the readers: Do really long sentences pull you out of a story? I'm asking because I just wrote one, 45 words. It's about 5 manuscript lines. Usually, I try to break them up into two or more sentences, but I can't seem to be able to here. To my eyes, it flows well and really conveys the mood of the scene. Of course, I have been known to be partial to my own words. ;)

So, tell me what you think when you run across these long sentences in your reading.

Peace,
Jessie

No comments: