Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fred Head Strikes Back

My, my, my, it seems as if Mr. Head was up bright and early this morning searching blogs for his name--and he found a lot of them. And, he left me (and several others) this little message:

Anonymous said...
I think everyone is missing the bigger picture, Susan Combs wrote a book with sex and then Susan Combs took a public position during debate on a sex education (ABSENCE ONLY) bill while she served as a State Representative. The point, Susan Combs is a hypocrite. Fred Head is clearly stating the facts. Please debate how you can write a book of this nature and then took a public position of sex education (ABSENCE ONLY) bill. Can't have it both ways.
6:29 AM

Now, I don't know for a fact that Fred Head left the comment, but others who have tracker software attached to their blogs have verified it comes from Dallas, (http://gabrielleluthy.blogspot.com/2006/10/right-said-fred.html) and evidence supports the supposition. Absence instead of abstinence. I dearly wish he or his press people, would learn to spell and use words correctly. (Although, I understand he has now replaced the word "extraxt" with excerpt.)

Just for the record, I support sex education for our children. I feel it's very important to teach sexual responsibility as it pertains to relationships, pregnancy, STD's, and even domestic violence and sexual abuse. Armed with knowledge = right choices.

I do not advocate the reading of my books by anyone under the age of 18, even though I started reading, under my parents' supervision, romance novels around the age of 14.

Please do not insult me or other romance authors by hiding behind anonymous comments.

Jessie

No comments: