Sunday, November 19, 2006

Crying in My Coffee

If you've been in a few chats with me, you probably know I'm a football addict. I've got the NFL channel, and I watch it constantly. However, tonight, I'm crying in my peppermint coffee. (Normally, it's cinnamon hazelnut, but with the holidays, I switch to peppermint.) The Colts lost their first game today. I really didn't expect them to go 17-0, but I also didn't expect them to lose this early. It breaks my heart, and in more ways than just the loss of a game. It brings back memories of an old friend, Joni, who is a Dallas Cowboys fan through and through. I kept thinking through the game that Joni was probably smiling, laughing, and whooping it up at her team's domination over the unbeaten Colts. I haven't seen her in years. Unfortunately, our lives went separate ways, and through a marriage, a divorce, another marriage, some job changes, and life in general, we gradually lost touch. It's days like these, when I think of how much fun we'd had doing the simple things, like watching football games (even if we rooted for opposing teams) that I miss my old friends the most. I hope she enjoyed the game.

Now, trying to decide whether to root for the Chargers or the Broncos....

Jessie

No comments: