Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday Thesaurus

Refurbish.

Some suggestions from my handy-dandy thesaurus are: recondition, reequip, repair, restore, recondition, spruce up, & clean up.

Now, I don't have a problem purchasing refurbished products. However, I just saw an ad for refurbished defibrillators.

Excuse me?

When my life's on the line, I do not want the paramedics pulling out a reconditioned, cleaned up, spruced up defibrillator. Call me crazy.

I didn't click on the ad, so I can't make any cost comparisons to a new defibrillator. I don't know what kind of warranty the proprietors offer, or if there are any regulations governing such things. I should hope there are, but it still makes me a tad uncomfortable thinking that some Joe off the street could purchase a refurbished defibrillator, or worse that a high school could. Think about that the next time you see the battery commercial where defibrillator saves the basketball player's life. I'm thinking the effectiveness of the defibrillator should be more important than the batteries.

So, what would you buy, or refuse to buy, refurbished?

Jessie

No comments: