Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday W(h)ines

It's cold.

Okay, now we've gotten the whine out of the way, let's move on to the wine.

I'm not much of a wine connoisseur, and truthfully I can't tell a good one from a bad one. I like champagne, and every once in a while a glass of merlot or cabernet. I don't know what kind of glass they're supposed to be poured into, and frankly I don't care. I don't distinguish different plates for chicken, fish, or beef, so if I find myself with a bottle of wine, the contents get poured into whatever glass is handy

However, about two years ago I ran across a wine I really like. Manischewitz Cherry Wine. It's kosher, it's sweet (hubby says it's too sweet), and it's cheap, selling for about $5 a bottle. I'm not embarrassed to say I like a cheap wine. Although for some, this revelation is more horrifying than anything they'll see or hear on this day of horrors. (Halloween for those who may read this sometime in the future.)

And, if you visit the company's website here, you'll find an excellet recipe for Cherry-Chocolate Tam-Tam Pie. I have no idea what Tam Tam crackers are, but anything cherry and chocolate gets my mouth watering. Sounds like a good dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.

Jessie

No comments: