Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Why I Believe in Love and the Happily Ever After

Today is my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary. Yep, 53 years of love, laughter, Christmas mornings, New Year's celebrations, weddings, babies, and summer trips. 53 years of finding strength in each other when the tears fell, when children were sick or hurt, when money was tight, and when bad news came. The premature birth of my sister, the car accident when I was 12, my sister's cancer, my son's tumor, my nephew's 7 year custody battle, my dad's first bout with cancer. The joy of grandchildren and the special joy of great-grandchildren.

In short -- a lifetime.

Their story is why I believe in love and the happily ever after. Their story is why I write romance. Their love and encouragement are the reasons I write at all.

The power of true love is real, and it grows stronger as time passes. It may not seem like it when you're caught in the day-to-day routine of a hectic life, but it's there, pulsing, waiting to be called upon to see us through the next difficult situation.

Take a moment and let someone know you love them.

Jessie

No comments: