Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The In-Betweens

The cold temperatures finally moved on, and it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow. In-between winter and spring.

I'm working on a few new projects. In-between books.

My Mom is now in the hospital, and Dad had his port put in for the upcoming chemo treatments. He can't go to the hospital to see Mom, because his immune system is already so compromised from the radiation treatments. In-between caring for each of my parents.

My DH is working a short call and will probably be unemployed again by the end of the week. In-between jobs.

The other secretary in our office quit, and now I'm working 9-10 hours a day. In-between co-workers.

Man, when you read it that way, it sound like I should be depressed, or stressed, or any other of the various negative emotions out there. It's not easy being in-between all this stuff, but I have great family, great bosses, great editors, and God. I can feel good about the little things I've accomplished. I can feel good about my son and his family getting a house. I can feel good about the fact that Mom & Dad both have fantastic doctors and great attitudes. I can feel good about my bosses understanding my situation and knowing I could be called away at any moment. I can feel good because my IT guy brought me a king size Snickers, and I haven't even opened it yet. I can feel good, because I'm surrounded by love and friendship.

Thanks to everyone who has sent a prayer or thought our way.

I hope everyone is feeling as good as I am right now. If not, I'll send warm thoughts and prayers your way, and a smile.

Jessie

No comments: