Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hoping for Snow

Predictions went from 1" - 3", then the predictions changed to 2" - 5". I was sooo looking forward to snow day from work. I set my alarm, despite the dire predictions.

Now I know, most of you reading this are thinking, "Is she nuts?! That's not enough snow to get out of work." However, here in East Tennessee that's enough snow to shut everything down and have almost everyone running to their local grocery store to stock up on the essentials: bread, milk, peanut butter, beer, and toilet paper.

When the alarmed beeped at me this morning, I got up and shuffled to the front door to check on the amount of snow and ice on the road.

Where's my snow?????

To the south.

And joy of all joys, the weatherman is predicting more winter weather around lunch time. Of course, it's supposed to move on through and then warm up so that our afternoon commute home will be okay. (Which means my dad can get to his radiation treatment. I really can't complain about that.)

YUCK!

There's hope for tonight, though. Another front moving through, and it might just bring enough ice and snow to keep me out of work on Friday, which altogether isn't a bad trade.

Jessie

No comments: