Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday's Moment - The Birds

Not the movie. (And to be honest, as much as I love Hitchcock movies, I've never seen more than a few minutes of this one. Rear Window is my fav.)

Picture this: I'm sitting in my office at around 2:30 p.m. Outside, it's crisp and cold, around 38 degrees Everything is quiet. One of my bosses is still at lunch, and the other is in the conference room with clients. I'm working away, caught up in the daily grind, when I hear the sound of chirping birds. The very loud sound of chirping birds, like a whole flock of them has invaded our office. Which I knew hadn't occurred because there's a signal when our door is opened, and then I realized the sound came from the conference room.

A few seconds later, one of the people exited the conference room with cell phone in hand.

About 10 minutes later, the person got another call, and again the birds were chirping wildly.
Now, I'm not one to call the kettle black. I've got my own custom ring tones on my phone. I have the chorus from Tell Me Something Good as the ring tone for an editor I'm waiting to hear from.

However, hearing the sound of chirping birds in my office really threw me for a loop and off my stride.

So, what about you? What strange ring tones do you have on your phone? Or, better yet, do you have a ring tone that will invoke images of any Alfred Hitchcock movie? I'm still seeing Tippi Hedren trapped in the phone booth....

Jessie

No comments: