Thursday, December 13, 2007

Time Warp Thursday

My alarm went off at 7:18 this morning. Yeah, I know, not a morning person here. And hey, I don't have to be at work until 8:30, with only a 15 minute commute.

So, I hit the snooze, roll over, and get the best 9 minutes of sleep (because it's stolen sleep), before the alarm goes off again. 7:27.

Then, it's my usual morning routine. I'm listening to sports radio as I get ready for work (does this really surprise anyone?), and BAM! the announcer says the time is 8:41. No, that can't be right. My alarm clock reads 7:41. I checked it twice. I know it was correct when I went to bed last night, and I know I only hit the snooze button. Besides, to change the time on my alarm clock, you have to press two buttons simultaneously, and it's awkward. Probably to keep people from accidentally changing it.

I grab the purse, the keys, lunch, and I'm out the door. Outside, it's a balmy 66 degrees, lots of cloud cover, and lots of wind. Leaves are blowing everywhere as I place my stash in the car.

Still not believing I lost an hour somewhere, I checked the clock in my car, and sure enough, the little orange numbers read 8:54.

Luckily, I have great bosses, and not a word was said about my being late when I strolled in at 9:15.

However, this bears investigating. How was my clock correct when I went to bed last night, but off an hour when I woke up this morning? I think I should call Mulder & Skully.

Jessie

No comments: