Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - The Unusual

Having to work at the day job when I'd rather be shopping, or writing, is the pits. Surrounded by files, directories, notebooks, filing cabinets, and computer peripherals, just doesn't put me in a holiday mood. I have a mini poinsettia which looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, and it adds a little holiday cheer to my boring, monotone office. But, there are some other, more interesting things I have scattered around.

Here's a list of 13 unusual objects in my office.

1. A bag of cereal - for a quick afternoon snack.
2. A baseball.
3. A candle (Okay, maybe not so unusual. What's unusual is they let me burn it).
4. A fire extinguisher. (It's not that big of a candle!)
5. A minifridge. (Which means I get a lot of traffic in and out.)
6. A zen rock garden.
7. Christmas decorations. (In a box under a table.)
8. A pair of wire pliers.
9. A vacuum cleaner.
10. A silver-toned serving tray.
11. An empty purse.
12. A bottle of ground cinnamon.
13. A salt lick. Yes, the kind you usually find in cow pastures.

Honestly, my office is not in a closet. It just has more room for stuff which really shouldn't be seen in the boss's offices. However, I really need to find out how the salt lick found its way under my desk.

Jessie

No comments: