Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Monday's Moment - Love at First Sight

Do you remember "The One Thing" from the movie City Slickers? Curly had found perfection in that one moment when he saw the woman he could have loved. For him, it was enough just to carry the moment in his heart and live the rest of his life content.

However, most of us act on the feelings of "that moment". I did. I saw my DH across a room (literally) and the world stopped. Mind, body, and soul, I knew he was the one for me. Oh, I still made him take me through the courtship ritual, after all it was the rest of my life we're talking about.

There have been some rough spots, sure. But after 18 years, the world still stops when I see him across a room.

Was it really love at first sight? I think so. Others might disagree, and that's okay. I won't say our love hasn't grown, matured, or that our friendship came as easily as the love. (Being best friends with the love of your life isn't always as easy as it sounds.)

So, what about you? Do you believe in love at first sight?

Jessie

No comments: