Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday's Fiction




The Circle Trilogy, by Nora Roberts
published 2006

I'm still reading Creation in Death, so I thought I'd go with something from JD Robb's alter-ego. I don't normally read Nora Roberts titles, but I won this set at a chapter meeting, and the paranormal elements sucked me right in. Again, not a review, just my personal take.

A man from ancient Ireland, his brother the vampire, the vampire hunter, the shapeshifter, the witch, and a few others are brought together by the Goddess Morrigan to defeat the evil vampire. The stories span a number of time periods and lands.

I enjoyed this trilogy. The ancient and modern, and not quite of our realm, are beautifully woven together. There's a bit of "mad scientist" feel to the magic, and the characters are true to their personalities.

Status: I recommend them, but they will go back to the prize locker.

Have a great weekend!

Jessie

No comments: