Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Tunes - Singin' a Sad Song Today

As we enter into the Christmas Season, and most eyes turn to literary works such as A Christmas Carol, I look to another of Dickens' classics - A Tale of Two Cities.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Last Thursday, my mother, sister, and I went to the hospital to visit my new grandbaby (the best of times). He's so beautiful, and alert, and full of life, and while I feel so truly blessed with my family, my heart hurts. We all shed tears of joy and sorrow, because my father wasn't there.

It was this time last year when we learned of his cancer (the worst of times). One of the most poignant memories I have of him is about a week afterward. We were sitting at the kitchen table (our favorite spot), and he told me, "And if I die, think about the adventure I'll have then."

You can see why I always say Dad is my greatest inspiration.

Now, I have a new chapter in my own life's adventure. Being a grandma. I can't wait to show up for grandparents day at school on my motorcycle with cupcakes in the saddle bags. Oh yeah, Dad would totally appreciate that.

Jessie

No comments: