Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Happy Thursday, Everyone! I've been working on the first draft of Somewhere in the Night, the sequel to Lord Night. The stories take place in an alternate dimension created as a real-life video game. So, here are thirteen games I've been addicted to over the years:

1. Tetris: I bought this computer game in the early 90's, and I still play it almost every day.

2. Space Invaders: One of the original arcade games.

3. Wolfenstein: Finding all the secret hiding places and killing monsters.

4. Rook: Could sit and play for hours, especially during the holidays.

5. The Legend of Zelda: The original had crappy graphics, but Link was just sooo cute, and there was lots of hidden goodies to find.

6. Test Drive Off Road II: I've only beaten it once. My family laughs at me, because I cannot play this game sitting still. I move with the vehicle.

7. King's Quest I - IV: Love the puzzles, and the graphics were good for the time.

8. Mine Sweeper: Yes, the game which comes on everyone's PC. I've had it set on a 24x30 board forever and am up to 215 bombs.

9. Scrabble: Love the word game.

10. Bejeweled: My high score is over 2,000,000. Those sparklies call to me.

11. Asteroids: Another arcade original. We used to double-team the game, with one of us guiding the spaceship and one of us shooting. Worked well.

12. Mario: The original. I've picked up Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii, but haven't started playing yet.

13. Myst: The eerie world kept me interested, even though the puzzles were so-so, and I figured out the shortcut to win very early in the game.

Plus, there are many, many more games I've played over the years, but was never to the point where I played them more than once or twice. And, there are some games which I love to watch others play, but have no desire to pick up the controller.

Jessie

No comments: