Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday W(h)ines

Traffic sucks. There's always some sort of interstate construction going on, and I could avoid it if I want to drive through no less than three school districts. There's construction on the bypass, which I don't use, but travel past every morning. So, it backs up traffic on the interstate for about a mile where we all travel around 10mph. Then, as soon as we pass that, we hit a stretch of interstate construction all our own...two lanes at 45mph. And almost everyone wants to get in the outside lane to travel into downtown, which of course means we play chicken with those who are brave enough to still use the three on-ramps to the interstate which are still open.

Okay, I got that out of my system, but really, it's enough to drive a person to drink (pun intended). No drinking while driving, though, and no drinking at the day job. In fact, there have been a few functions I've been to lately where alcohol was a no-no. So, my wine for this week is...
Sparkling Grape Juice.

I know. I know. It isn't a wine, but it's a first cousin and good for pretending. First, we popped the "cork" at our monthly SMRW meeting (at the public library) to celebrate two of our members who signed contracts last month. Cheryel Hutton signed with Samhain, and Leanne Tyler signed with The Wild Rose Press.

I don't care for the red sparkling grape juice, but the white was decent. So, when I was asked to buy some more the "bubbly" last night, I skipped the red altogether.

I may pick up a bottle the next time I'm at the grocery store to keep at the office. Who knows? I might have a chance to celebrate something at the day job, and I want to be ready.

Just in case.

Jessie

No comments: