Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday W(h)ines - The NFL Network

Tomorrow night the Green Bay Packers play the Dallas Cowboys in an NFC showdown. The young gun, Tony Romo, faces the seasoned gun slinger, Brett Favre in what should be an awesome game. Probably one of the best of the season.

But I won't get to watch it.

Why? Because it's on the NFL Network, and while I have the NFL Network on my cable system, they don't carry the games. According to the cable provider, the NFL Network charges and arm and a leg for games and it's cost prohibitive to air them.

It's bad enough that I haven't seen a Colts game since November 11th, and I won't get to see them this week, but missing the Packers/Cowboys game adds insult to injury. This doesn't endear me to either the NFL Network or my cable provider.

Yes, I know some satellite providers air the games. Before I moved, we had one and I saw all the NFL Network games last season. When we moved, though, I had to find another provider or use dial-up for my internet. Yes, I made the choice, and based my choice on getting the the Sci-Fi channel and the NFL Network, among a few others. At that time, there was no hint of not being able to see the games.

So, I'm stuck, along with a lot of other unhappy fans, because the cable companies and the NFL Network are having a pis#### contest. Unfortunately, it's the fans who are caught in the crossfire without a raincoat.

Jessie

No comments: